Saturday, February 1, 2014

Looks Like We May Need That Shower After All!


This is the most epic of blog posts I think I have ever had to try to get down in writing. This was a day that will go down in Campbell Family history! Today was the day we found out a tender, loving, sweet, like-his-daddy, little prince has been added to our family!

I feel like Nate and I were pretty unsure of what our little babe was going to be, although Nate has had a boy name picked out from even before I got pregnant, which is totally not like him. Me? I had the usually nausea, only it wasn't that usual considering it is still sneaking around on occasion and it caused me to be bed-ridden for nearly two months. Such a small price to pay for the blessing we have received! Am I right, ladies? Let's hear it for "some" throwing up! Woot, woot!


Here's me and my main squeeze totally unaware of what the next few minutes would bring. He's pretty cute, ay? I love a man who can sport a pink bow tie!

As you can see, our gaggle of girls were divided in the gender pole. Piper was the only vote for girl, but then it turned out she just wanted to wear the pink shirt. She's the best! Charly has been super convinced the whole time that it was a boy, she's smart like that. Nate and I were trying to go as "Switzerland" as possible, as to not show a preference. Good plan, right? By the way, we of course were just so excited to get to put a name on our little babe, girl or boy. Also, did you notice Winnie's face?  Go ahead, place your own caption there. Come on, it's fun!
My mom, Kristy, Granny, and best friend Sally came up from San Antonio to share in the excitement, although I am kicking myself for not having any pictures with me and Sally! Seriously, where was my brain? Oh yeah, I'll get to that. You should probably take in all the glory of my mom's beautiful face right now, as she totally has that lovely gift, as do I, to turn into Kim Kardashian when she is doing the happy cry. I love that about you though mom!
Before we even get to the revealing of the gender part of this party, I must give a huge thanks to these lovely ladies with me below. As we have lived here for just over five years, we have made some fantastic friends. Along with friends we have made, I also feel like we have picked up those who just become a part of our family. This is how I feel about Meagan, Adriane(not pictured) and their most beautiful, sweet, and loving mom, Shelley. I find it near impossible to even find the words of gratitude to express how special these gals have made me and my family feel. I adore and love them, and feel so blessed to be included in their family. Are they gorgeous or what? Best part, that beauty radiates from the inside as well!
So, without further ado, here is how the scoop went down. The party decorations were spectacular, seriously, pictures do not do them justice. Shelley paid the most attention to every single detail and it was beautiful! My good friend, Jasmine made cupcakes that were TO DIE FOR!

Nate, the girls, and myself went to see our midwife on Tuesday, which was also the appointment for our one and only sonogram. I purposely made the appointment early in the week just in case our little one's legs were crossed. This was really the first experience we had with the whole "finding out the sex" early. With Winnie and Charly we waited until they were born, and with Piper we found out when I was nearing eight months and it was on a whim. All experiences were special, but this gender reveal is in a league all its own. Nate and I made a card for the sonographer to fill out after the sonogram. We then handed over our secret envelope to Shelley later that evening. I'm pretty proud to say that Nate and I didn't even touch the envelope after I stuck it securely in my purse. We were really looking forward to having genuine surprise and sharing it with our friends.  I must give some major credit to Shelley! She has got the best poker face I have ever seen. There was no sign on her face or her actions today that would lead us to sway either way.


Here it is- the gift. Oh, and what a gift it was! Shelley wrapped the outfit of the gender and this was how we would find out what we were having. The closer the time got to opening it, the more hot flashes I got! I was sooo ready! In my plans I wanted to take as long of a time to unwrap the present as we possibly could. Of course, my plans are not always what really happens. Ha! Because I am choking on my words, here is the link to the actual reveal, just in case you missed it! Also, for your viewing pleasure, I have included the still shots (below) of the raw emotion from the reveal, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz0yDqHLaQs



Did you hear, did you get that? The Campbells are having a BOY!!! Milk-a-WHAAAAT?? I still am pinching myself. This whole day feels like a dream. Not only did our family get to place a name and sex to our baby, but we got to share it in the most amazing of ways- with our friends. It's such a wonderful feeling when you are away from the majority of your family, and yet have family all around you.  Look at all these happy faces full of joy! I have literally felt like we have been in the middle of the warmest hugs all day today. This moment was so special for us, made even more special surrounded by those we love! 

The girls all ran up to Nate and I afterward and were so excited. This little boy is going to be the most nurtured boy on the planet with three mothers in training to help rear him up. He is already dubbed, "our little prince", and I'm not even ashamed to say that. Will someone please grab my mother and give her a squeeze? She was/is so happy!! Did I mention this will be the first grandson for my parents after seven girls! Yes, SEVEN!! It's like we are experiencing the first child all over again. How cool is that?!

Nate and I have the deepest of gratitude for everyone who has shared in our utter joy! This is a day that will be in the Campbell family top ten list for sure! We're having a BOOOYYYY!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment