Monday, September 2, 2013

Persephone and Athena Live Here!

I suspect that one of the greatest things about having an older sister who is up to her eyeballs in Greek Mythology, is when she decides to give you a make-over so that you too can become a Greek goddess! I love these girls so much. Is it weird that I can imagine scenes like this for every age they grow? Charly helping Piper with her first dance, her first date, her wedding day....
While my room transformed into a Greek beauty shop, Winnie was busy  watching as she jumped like a little orangutan in her crib.  Winnie is going through the most extreme growth spurt the past few months, she is changing in so many ways. One of the things she is doing to cope with the baby growing pains is reverting back to her baby ways. She has been potty trained since January, and now strolls around in diapers, which is something I swore I would never do; however, a mom can only clean up potty mess after potty mess, day after day, before she gives in to the baby ways. Can I just say, her in diapers is much nicer that following her around and taking her to the potty every 15-20 minutes only to have her pee on the carpet one minute later. Yup, diapers are just fine with me. When her little baby cocoon begins to unwrap, she will emerge as a super, uber fun nearly three year old! Please, oh please, let her little sweet butterfly emerge soon, LOL. She is two in every way. We love her oh so much, but this whole two year old phase is completely new to us. Thank goodness I've got my super crew back-up with Nate and the older two girls.

Has this whole reverting back to baby-hood ever happened with your kids?

Nate and I have a theory as to why this is happening...

Once upon a time, a cute, chubby little niece was born and we doted on her baby-ness as much as we could. Winnie saw this and decided she wanted more attention, therefore, her gears started turning and have transformed her into a chubby little baby herself. It worked! She seriously sounds like a newborn sometimes. It's the weirdest thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment