Thursday, August 8, 2013

Our Little Book Worm


 
My love for reading wasn't established until I was an adult, so imagine how exciting it has been for me to watch Charly gain a desire for adventure in the form of books at the ripe age of nine. This summer,  she has read the entire Percy Jackson series twice now and is now starting the adventures in Harry Potter, which we are joining in on as a family before bedtime. With the Percy Jackson series, she has thrown herself into all things Greek and has willingly added Greek studies alongside her regular school studies.  It's so fun to hear all the stories through her eyes.  The photo above was from a fun camping trip we took about a month ago, and the photo below was from our last super exciting trip to San Antonio.
In other news, I had this conversation with Piper this morning:
Me: Piper, you're chewing with your mouth open, please stop.
Piper: No I ain't
Right about then I heard the record scratch as I turned to Piper to make sure I heard what I thought I heard. Yup, Piper did in fact use the word 'ain't'. I think we have officially been in the country too long. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment